Saturday, June 20, 2009

Since it's Father's Day...

I had to come through and do my blogger 'duties'.
My guess is there is going to be at least a million blog entries about
fathers' by the morning.
But I digress....

Now that I've bought my Father's Day gift,and a nice semi-sentimental card.
I can tell you the story, of a former Daddy's Girl.
I love my Daddy, I do.
My dad has represented manhood, when I didn't even
like boys.
My dad reperesented strength, by simply lifting me up.
My dad showed me that strength, and love could exist so profoundly
when he smiled at me.
I knew it then,and I know it now
I was my Daddy's joy, and I still am.

Not to get so mushy...

It's been years since I could declare myself as a 'Daddy's Girl'
It's a mixture of my parents' divorce, and SO many words
left unsaid.

But I love my Daddy.
And I'm thankful to have one.
One that has given the World to me and,
would do it all over again.

P.S. Maybe I should write SOME of this on his card...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

hit counter javascript
hit counter