Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Waiting

It feels like I'm just waiting for my life to start.
Ever feel that way?
Confusion has continued to follow me, way into 'adulthood'.
Long ago I gave myself a 'get-my-sh*t-together' bullsh*t deadline.
Supposedly by the time I celebrated my 25th birthday, my sh*t
would be 'together'.
That included, a career, or at least a real job. I would know my
much sought-after 'purpose'.

I'll be 27 in October,and i'm so not there.

I've had a unwavering notion for years, that there
has to be more to life.Something fufilling,something
better, something creative.

Maybe,it's all bullsh*t,but I still hold myself to it.
And I know it's bullsh*t,life almost never goes
the way you plan it. IDK.

The transition to 'adulthood'(that supposedly nirvana,hell-filled place)was
a tough one,and I still have so many issues with it.
But then again any type of change has been hard for me.
I'm SUCH a delicate flower.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Don't Be a Slut said...

Nicole, I think we're all fed a bunch of shangri-la B.S. about "making it young" - as if there's some magic formula and stringent deadline for making your life work.

I'm 38, and all my best laid plans have fallen far, far short.

Give yourself a break, and just keep moving forward.

P.S. Thanks for stopping by Don't Be a Slut.

June 9, 2009 at 3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

hit counter javascript
hit counter