Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Lesson #1:Learning how to take a compliment.

I was reading a great book called Falling In Love With Natassia.
And had no plans on blogging today.
Yet, earlier today at worked I received a compliment.
I won't say I never get complimented on,but it had nothing to do with
how I was dressed,or how 'bad' my shoes were. It was a little different.
This older lady, a frequent customer at my job,admitted
I was her favorite {insert my job position} person.

Now usually when a customer compliments me at my job,
I'm wary. See I work in customer service,and it makes me think
'what do they want',or 'are they trying to distract me with a
compliment'.Call me crazy, but it happens quite often.

"There's something special about you. You're nice, organized, calm...and pretty."
I smiled said 'thank you', and it left me no reason to believe
it was anything other, than genuine.

Weird.

I don't have the best self-esteem, or I'm not the most confident person.So sometimes compliments are hard to take. Sigh.I don't know.As soon as she list the reasons, why I'm her favorite, in my mind I'm crossing them off the list.

I'm nice..it's my job.
I'm organized...please.
I'm calm...i have so much anxiety,and I'm so self-conscious.
I'm pretty...on a good day maybe.

It's kind of depressing...

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

hit counter javascript
hit counter