Monday, August 3, 2009

Hell is hot, and my apartment is hotter.

For the past two weeks, I've been suffering. I had to be reduced to ceiling fans. My air condition gave out on me, in the middle of summer. It's back on now, but it has to earn my trust back. That wasn't the only reason I haven't been blogging, but it is part.
My blog seems, not to be getting any more popular. And when I don't see benefits, for anything I do I quit. Don't get me wrong, I don't expect my little corner of the World Wide Web, to be madly popular. But a handful of followers, and a splash of comments, would help. and the ever-ending problem, of being a blogger, no material.

All the years I've spent writing- most of it horrible, some of it good- I've never thought about, publishing my work. Of course, it'd be a dream. But lately I'm really concern, one day all I'll have is some notebooks. I want to get this is stuff out. Problem is, I'm not sure if my 'stuff' is good enough to publish. Now, I've seen some crappy books out there. I think 'chick lit' has a big part of that...

And my writing, is more focused, and centered on dialect. In my writing I wouldn't spend three pages on describing a setting. How well the characters' apartment was kept. The things the character collected.The sunrise the character stands under. You get my drift.

And to be honest, my ability to write is greatly tied with my self-esteem. I've never had to take criticism. And, NO ONE has ever read, anything I've written. It's the thing a select few, know I do, but they haven't read. So...

I was looking over the WWW, and there are a lot of literary reviews/journals/magazines that accept submissions. And tons of writers' have gotten there start, this way.

It would be, a dream come true to write for a living. A dream. And my only dream.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

hit counter javascript
hit counter